Alright guys, this is one of my favorite low carb AND WW Friendly recipes I have ever made. I am so excited to be able to share this with you guys.
I am a sucker for all things Italian. Italian food, Italian wine, Italian clothing, Italian culture, Italian men (aka my husband) LOL
but I LOVE Lasagna. It is one of my favorite things EVER. I got a recipe from an old friend about 5 years ago and I just had it by memory and I modified what I remembered.
Let’s get started!
What you will need:
1) 2 Large Zucchinis
2) 1 lb of ground turkey (99% lean) Anything else will modify the points for this with WWFreestyle
3) 1 can (15 Ounces) of Tomato Puree
4) 1 small white onion
5) 1 Cup of Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese
6) 1/2 Cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese
7) Pam’s Olive Oil Cooking Spray
8) 3 tsp of Dried Oregano
9) 2 tsp of Salt
10) 1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
How to make it all:
- Cut the ends of the zucchini off and slice it long way to create Lasagna Zoodles. I use a slicer because it is WAY easier but if you do not have one, it is not a big deal. Just make sure they are about an 1/8 of an inch thick.
- I heat a skillet with pam cooking spray and keep it at medium heat. I place the zucchini in for about 1-2 minutes on each side. You can skip this step if you’d like, I just like my Zoodles to get a little crispy bite to them. I set them aside but keep the skillet on.
- I dice the onion and place it in the skillet over medium-high heat. I allow them to brown and then I add in the ground turkey. I cook this all for about 5-8 minutes
- I will add the tomato puree to the skillet with ground turkey and onion, continuously stirring it. I let it simmer and thicken for about 5 minutes in the skillet.
- I then add the oregano, salt and cayenne pepper to the ground turkey mix. Remove it from the heat and let’s get the casserole pan ready!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray any pan you have using Pams Olive Oil Spray. I used a 9×13 inch casserole dish but any size will work!
- I take the zucchini and create a layer. I just kind of lay them out any way they will fit in the dish.
- Pour in a portion of the meat sauce. (the portion will depend on the size of the pan) For me it was about 1/3 of the meat sauce.
- Sprinkle a layer of mozzarella cheese over the meat mixture.
- Repeat steps 8-10 until you reach the top of the dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese and the parmesan cheese onto the top layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow lasagna to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
**THIS MEAL IS 3 SmartPoints per serving. I had 6 servings.
THERE IS LITERALLY NO WAY TO MESS THIS UP.
Have fun with it and create the best memories whether you are cooking alone, with your significant other, or with your kids. The dish will come out amazing no matter what!