Hey there! Welcome back to The New Mom On The Block!
I have so many recipes that I have been meaning to share with you all and I will get there I promise! I will be uploading a couple this week instead of my typical posting once a week.
But this post, this post is about the yummy Skinny Chicken Parm I made a couple weeks ago.
I wasn’t craving Chicken Parm but I had chicken, I had some leftover pizza sauce and I had mozzarella cheese. SOOOOO, naturally I think Chicken Parm. I know people do not typically use pizza sauce but I made a cauliflower crust pizza a couple nights before this so I had pizza sauce.
Now, as many of you know I am on WW (Weight Watchers Reimagined) so I do try to watch what I eat and stay in between my points every day but sometimes that just doesn’t happen because there are things that I like to include in my diet that isn’t necessarily WW approved. This little gem of mine was only 1 point and oh so freakin’ satisfying!! I paired this with a side of spaghetti squash and brussel sprouts that I had left over from the night before. I’ll give you that recipe in another post too 🙂
Not the prettiest picture but it’ll do. And yes, I love paper plates… why? BECAUSE I HATE WASHING DISHES.
I made 5 Skinny Chicken Parms and this, my franz, is how I did it.
- 5 Chicken Breast Cutlets
- 5 TBSP of Trader Joe’s Lite Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 3-5 TBSP of Marinara Sauce (I used Trader Giotto’s Fat Free Pizza Sauce this time)
- 3-5 depending on how saucy you like to get
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of Mrs. Dash Table Seasoning (Salt-Free)
- Pam’s Olive Oil Cooking Spray
I start by:
- Preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from its packaging and season it with salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash Table Seasoning.
- Heat up a skillet to medium-high heat and use about 5 sprays of Pam Olive Oil Cooking Spray.
- Once my skillet is hot enough I cook the chicken on each side for about 5 minutes on each side. (Remember these are cutlets so they are thin, if you choose to use chicken breasts then cook it how you usually would chicken breast)
- Once I am done cooking the chicken I will put approximately 1 TBSP on each piece of chicken and approximately 1 TBSP of mozzarella cheese.
- Place the chicken in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt.
- Carefully take the pan out once the chicken is done and that’s a done deal, folks!!
I fully enjoyed this recipe. My husband and dad were just as elated about this meal. It was quick, easy and soooo freakin’ good!
Try it out and let me know how you like it!
April- The New Mom On The Block