Hey Everyone!! Thank you so much for being patient with me 🙂 You were supposed to get this post yesterday but I have been all over the place and the easiest way to keep up was with Instagram stories!
So, my cousin Renee, (@Reni_Guzman) showed me this smoothie. She has been drinking it for about a month now and LOVES it. At first I was hesitant because honestly, I am not a big fan of smoothies. I love juices. I love kombucha and orange juice lol.
I finally took a chance and tried it out. I have an older model Ninja Blender (Not that old, like 2 years old) but I cannot find this blender anywhere which is why I say older because I can’t link the exact one for you! But any Ninja blender should do the job. My Ninja can make anything as thin as I want it to be. If I feel like having a smoothie then I can make one but if I want juice then I can just blend it a little longer and it’ll be nice and juicy 🙂
Enough small talk. Here is my take on The Morning Glowing Skin Green Smoothie by Dr. Mona Vand.
- 1 Cup of Coconut Water and Aloe Vera Water- I am currently just using Coconut Water because I have not made a trip to Trader Joe’s to get some Aloe Vera Water lol. You can also just use water if you do not like Coconut Water and Aloe Vera Water.
- 3 Cups of Greens of your choice- I am currently using a baby spinach, baby kale, and baby bok choy mix and some arugula
- 1 Stalk of Celery
- 1/2- 1 Banana
- 1 Apple- I use Honey Crisp Apples
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Ginger
- 1 Tsp of Tumeric- I am currently using Ground Tumeric
- 1 Lemon or Lime- Juiced
There is really no right or wrong way to make this smoothie/juice. I kind of eyeball a lot due to my own personal preference. So, if you like celery, add more celery. Make this your own version of wonderful!
- I start by cutting up my apple, banana, celery, ginger and lemon. (Tumeric once I get fresh tumeric!)
- I then add 1 cup of coconut water into my blender and adding the 3 cups of greens to it. I pop the lid on and allow it to blend together for about a minute.
- Once blended to my desired consistency I add in the chopped apple, banana, celery, ginger and lemon. I blend to my desired consistency here too and for me I usually let it blend while I finish my lemon tea and make the kids breakfast so like 5-10 min. LOL I know that’s a long time but remember, I like it to be like juice. I just let it blend until I am ready for it.
- Once it is blended it is yours to enjoy! Taste it before you commit to the entire glass because sometimes I find that the celery is too overpowering so I will add in the other half of the banana.
- This recipe makes 2 servings and I usually have one in the morning and save the other when I feel like I need a sweet pick me up!
Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you try the smoothie/juice and what modifications you made to it!
If you’d like to try out the original the link is below! 🙂
April- The New Mom On The Block