Hey guys! So, I have had some people asking about what I pack for lunches every day… lol pack MY lunch. So cute, I feel like I should get like a Hello Kitty bento box or something because I feel that cute prepping it.
Anyways, I recently joined WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) with my mother-in-law and I am actually really loving how it helps me hold myself accountable for what I eat. I’m on a low carb “diet” so I already have my meals planned ahead and sometimes they don’t agree with WW but still agree with my lifestyle change.
The following were the 2 lunches I made during the month of January.
This 1st lunch option (Featuring Mila’s foot LOL) is my husband absolute FAVE. I will be making this one for him for the month of February too! It is super easy and I can make all of them Sunday before our crazy week starts. This is what is in the box:
2 Hard Boiled Eggs with a sprinkle of Frontier Co-Op Lemon Pepper Seasoning (0 SmartPoints w/ WW Freestyle):
- I begin with bringing a pot of water with a pinch of salt to a boil.
- Once the water starts to boil I drop in as many eggs as I can into the pot using tongs because I have burned myself before LOL.
- Side note: Make sure the eggs are already as close to room temperature as possible. If the eggs are too cold going into the boiling water they will crack and you will be sad.
- I let the eggs boil for about 6-8 minutes depending on how many eggs are in the water.
- Once the timer is up, I immediately pour the water out and place the eggs in an ice bath. I let them chill for about 3-4 minutes before I begin peeling them.
1/2 or 1 Orange- Sliced (0 SmartPoints w/ WW Freestyle)
1/2 cup of Blackberries (0 SmartPoints w/ WW Freestyle)
1 Slice of Sara Lee 45 Calorie Whole Wheat Bread- cut diagonally or however you want it (1 SmartPoints w/ WW Freestyle)
1-2 TBSP of PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter (1 SmartPoints w/ WW Freestyle)
The overall points for this lunch is 2 SmartPoints w/ WW Freestyle and is completely satisfying. It’s nice and light and gives you everything your body would normally crave. The sweetness from the fruits is my favorite! I could eat them all day long 🙂
To make this lunch for the week this is my typical grocery list:
24oz of Blackberries
A package of Sara Lee 45 Calorie Whole Wheat Bread (Any other bread of your choice may alter the SmartPoints if you are following WW Freestyle)
PB2 (I would buy this every month or so)
This 2nd option for lunch is my favorite because I LOVE Chocolate, specifically Dark Chocolate, and this has been the hardest part about me living a healthier lifestyle. Of course, chocolate in moderation is perfect but for me, chocolate is not allowed to be just in moderation. I am OBSESSED. I could just live off chocolate, I am sure of it!
Here is the breakdown:
2 Mini Banana Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins (4 SmartPoints w/ WW Freestyle- 2 SmartPoints EACH):
8oz of Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 Cup of Plain Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 Cup of Rolled Oats (I use quick cooking oats- 1 minute oats from Quakers)
1/2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 Cup of Flour (I use White- any other type of Flour will alter your SmartPoints if you are following WW Freestyle)
1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp of Salt
1/3 Cup of Dark Chocolate Chips (I used Hershey’s Special Dark Mildly Sweet Chocolate Chips- any other brand or type of chocolate chip will alter your Smart Points if you are following WW Freestyle)
**Makes 24 mini Cupcakes**
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- I spray the mini muffin pan with Pam Cooking Spray to keep these babies from sticking.
- I begin the recipe by mixing the egg, greek yogurt, almond milk and rolled oats in a large bowl. Allow this mixture to rest for 5 minutes for the oats to soften.
- In a small bowl (I just use a mini mixing bowl or a cereal bowl) mash the banana using a fork and add the vanilla extract to the banana.
- in a medium sized bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the oats mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients (the ingredients in step 3-medium sized bowl) into the oats mixture and mix it all up!
- Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate chips- Now I eyeball this amount only because the remainder of the chocolate chips I place on top of the muffins once I fill the pan. YUM!!!! aaaaaaannnnnndddd I just gave away the last step.
- Scoop the mixture into the mini muffin pan using a Tablespoon (Just One!) into each muffin cup.
- Use the remaining chocolate chips to sprinkle on top of the mixture and pop them into the oven!
- Allow the muffins to cook for about 12 minutes.
- ENJOYYYYY!!! and try to not eat them all because I was very tempted to!
1/2 an Orange-Sliced (0 SmartPoints w/ WW Freestyle)
1 Pouch of StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water (0 SmartPoints w/ WW Freestyle)
A spoonful of Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt (0 SmartPoints w/ WW Freestyle)
**I Mix the greek yogurt with the tuna- it is used as a substitute for Mayo and if you haven’t tried it, please do! You will love it!**
1 Pouch of WW Sea Salt Hummus Crisps (2 SmartPoints w/ WW Freestyle)- You can use any other chip or crisp you’d like but it will alter your SmartPoints if you are following WW Freestyle.
Overall, this lunch is 6 SmartPoints. More than the other one and if you like to keep your points low to binge on dinner or drinks then this may not be the option for you but I promise you will LOVEEEEE it! It feels like having a mini 3-course meal. Oranges as an appetizer, tuna and hummus crisps in the main course, and mini banana chocolate chip muffins for dessert!
To make this lunch for the week, this is my typical grocery list:
1/2 Dozen Eggs (Since I can’t buy just one egg lol)
A Pack of Dark Chocolate Chips
6 Pouches of Tuna
A pack of WW Sea Salt Hummus Crisps
*All baking items from the muffins are items I usually keep on hand. Create your list according to what you already have in your pantry too**
I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I do! They are quick and easy and perfect for a busy mama like me!
April- The New Mom on the Block